MA 5210, Spring 04
Lecturer: J. Wu
Tutors: J. Wu,
04-07, Faculty of Science, Lower Kent
Office Hours: By making appointment through e-mail.
email@example.com Phone: 6874-4940.
- Lang, Serge, Introduction to differentiable manifolds,
Imprint New York , Interscience Publishers 
- Victor Guillemin and Alan Pollack, Differential Topology, Prentice Hall, Inc,
Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey .
- Conlon, Lawrence,
Differentiable manifolds : a first course / Lawrence Conlon,
Birkh8auser , .
- Milnor, J.W., Topology from the differentiable viewpoint,
The University Press of Virginia, Charlottesville, 1990.
- Jšnich, Klaus.
Vector analysis / Klaus Jšnich ; translated by Leslie Kay.
Imprint New York : Springer, [c2001].
Lectures: Wed 10-12 S13-05-03; Sat 10-12 S13-05-03.
Everybody must attend all lectures and should arrive on
time. In case you missed the class due to sick, then you should submit
your MC to me. If you missed some classes without sufficient reasons, you
might get negative credit to your grade from the course.
provided by Yeo Sze Ling
provided by Sun Qiang
provided by Lim Meng Fai
provided by Tan Tony
- Tangent Spaces, Vector Fields in Rn and
the Inverse Mapping Theorem
- Topological Manifolds, Differentiable Manifolds,
Diffeomorphisms, Immersions, Submersions and Submanifolds
- Examples of Manifolds
- Fibre Bundles and Vector Bundles
- Tangent Bundles and Vector Fields
- Cotangent Bundles and Tensor Fields,
Tensor Algebras and Exterior Algebras,
Orientation of Manifolds, Integration on Manifolds
- Stokes' Theorem,
Feedback on matters related to the course will be welcome. Please send