Fifth Homework Assignment - for discussion at recitations on Thursday October 8, Tuesday October 13, and Thursday October 15..
- Application to extrema:
- f differentiable. c inside domain of f. f'(c) = 0, then:
- f"(c) > 0 -> c is local min
- f"(c) < 0 -> c is local max
1. Where is x^3 - 12*x^2-15*x+7 increasing, decreasing, concave up, concave down? Where are the inflection points, if any? What are the local max and min, if any? Use MAPLE to help.
2. In MAPLE, plot cos(1.1*x+.5), its derivative, and second derivative. From plot, determine which is which.
Lecture Notes Directory