Math 141 - Week 10 Notes Monday, March 22, 1999
Due to the Easter weekend next week, this assignment can be turned in on
Monday April 5.
Topics for this week -
Covers: Appedix H, sections 15.5,15.6
- Complex numbers
- second-order linear equations
- nonhomogeneous linear equations
Topics for next week -
Covers: sections 15.7,15.8,10.1,10.2,10.3,10.4
- Applications of second-order differential equations
- Series solutions
- The integral test and estimates of sums
- The comparison test
- Solve the differential equation
- Solve the initial value problem
- Solve the boundary value problem y"+2y'+5y=0,y(0)1,y(Pi)=2
- Solve the differential equation y"-y'-6y=cos(3x)
- Solve the initial value problem y"-y=xe3x, y(0)=0,y'(0)=1.
tenth Homework Assignment - Homework #10 Due Mo,April 5
- Reading: In Chapter 15, read sections 15.5,15.6,
- Make sure you can do all of the Core
problems for appedix H and sections 15.5, 15.6. But write up
following to be handed in:
- Appendix H, p.A52, #8,16,22,46,48.
- Section 15.5, p.995, #1,15,17,24,26,28,29,36.
- Section 15.6, p.1002, #2,6,8,10, all of 13-16,21.