Louxin Zhang (ÕÅÂåÐÀ)
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science,
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering, and
Adjunct Associate Prof., Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
National University of Singapore
10 Lower Kent Ridge, Singapore 119076
Education BSci, MSci (Lanzhou) in Math,Ph.D (Waterloo) in Computer Science
- Bioinformatics and computational biology.
- Discrete algorithm design and analysis, theory of computing,
- Applied combinatorial mathematics.
Current Research Projects
- Bioinformatics approach to reconstructing ancestral genomes (April 2008 - March 2011, $132,480.00). (Watch David Haussler, a coauthor, on TV: The Reverse Evolution Machine)
- Rapid alignment methods for biological network comparison (April 2010 - March 2013, $724,020.00).
Software Tools (by me)
- WebPHYLIP: A tool facilitating phylogenetic analysis. It is available upon request by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Here is our two-page article on it. Click here to download it.
- TxT: A tool for gene tree and species tree reconciliation. It can be used for gene duplication inference and species tree reconstruction.
Its online server is found here.
Professional Services Conference PC member for:
RECOMB'2013 (Beijing, China),
LATA'2013 (Bilbao, Spain),
WABI'2013 (Sophia Antipolis, France),
RECOMB CG'2013 (Lyon, France)
RECOMB CG'2012(Niterói, Brazil),
ACM BCB 2012(Florida, USA),
FAW 2012(Beijing, China),
Some of my collaborators and coauthors
Former group members
We are looking for potential Master or Ph.D students for computational and
mathematical biology research. One can apply through Department of Mathmatics if you have background in mathematics, or through Department of Biochemistry and
NUSGraduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering otherwise
- Yang Jialiang (CAS-MPG Partner Institute of Computation Biology, CAS,
- Ning Kang (Qingdao Institute of BioEnergy and BioProcessing Tech, CAS, China)
- Tan Jinsong
- Cam Thach Nguyen
- Taoyang Wu (University of East Anglia)
- Choong Yong Ung (University of Malaya)
MA3259: Mathematical Methods in Genomics
This is my personal webpage. Last modified in March, 2011.